I’ve given Helleneste kai Grammateus a makeover. I was beginning to see the old theme too often on other blogs. Also, there were some new features I wanted to employ here. The updates and changes include:
- A new theme – plus a footer! I may change this if I can find/create a wide header I like. But I like the green and blue background in keeping with the natural feeling of Hellenic Polytheism. It was also much less boring than the other options available on a free account with WordPress.
- Reorganization – 1) Adding the “More” tag to make skimming easier for you, 2) Narrowing the number of articles per page down to 3, 3) Now that I have a footer, and space in the header, I’ve employed widgets in an aesthetically pleasing manner:
- In the Header you can get to general navigation – Pages, Categories, and the RSS feed.
- In the Sidebar are more specific navigation options and Links – a Search field, options to subscribe by email or RSS, Tags (more specific than categories), Blogroll (with descriptions of each blog), Community Links, Downloadable Content, Forums, and Hellenic Polytheist Websites.
- In the Footer are the Archives – of Top Posts, Recent Comments, and two ways to access the Full Archives.
- In each post past and future:
- Photos – from the public domain.
- Links integrated into post content – to help explain certain terms and references.
- Related articles – I hand-pick these for you, incase you want to read more about a particular issue.
- Social networking links and sharing features (email and print) – if you like something I’ve written, please share it! You are especially welcome to email and print rituals I’ve published, adapt, and use them!
- Nero ratings – switched from stars to a simplified thumbs up/down. Please endorse the posts you liked!
Do you like the new look? Please post general feedback and suggestions here. Thanks!
- New features of WordPress 3.0 (forthelose.org)
- The Anatomy of a Blog: Understanding Its Parts (literarynobody.com)
- Building a Stylish Blog Design Layout in WordPress (line25.com)